Happy Tuesday, neighbors! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today.
First the weather today:
Cloudy. High: 70 Low: 47.
Here are the top stories in Phoenix today:
- Arcadia Fiesta, a shopping mall on 32nd Street and Indian School Road in Phoenix, was sold to a Canadian investor for $ 41.65 million. Its former owner was based in Phoenix. The mall includes large national chains like Ross, Ace Hardware, and O’Reilly Auto Parts. (AZ Big Media)
- the the first six registered cases of the omicron variant of the novel coronavirus has been detected in the greater Phoenix area. The infected had not recently traveled outside the country, which proved that the omicron variant is in circulation in Phoenix. Most of those infected with the variant were fully vaccinated. None of those infected so far are seriously ill. (KTAR.com)
- A fire in an apartment complex in northern Phoenix displaced 25 people, half of them children. Nine units in the building were damaged by fire, water, heat, smoke, or a combination of the four. One man was slightly injured to his hand in the fire. Firefighters stopped the fire in the attic of the second floor before taking it out. (12news.com KPNX)
Part of today’s Phoenix Daily is being brought to you from our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring can do a lot more than just doorbells: Check out the full range of smart home products on Ring.com. and Thank you ring for helping get the local news in Phoenix!
- The Phoenix fire department carried out a palm rescue Monday, when a man pruning a tree got stuck 15 m high. The man could not come down alone after his spikes and rope got stuck in the rock of the tree. Crews used a bucket truck to save the man from the top of the tree. 🚒 (Facebook)
- A cute dog named Hera joined the Arizona Humane Society a few months ago with eight newborn pups in tow. She took so good care of her pups; they are adults and live in loving homes. Now, Now it is Hera’s turn to find a home forever of her. Click the Facebook link to watch a video from Hera. (Facebook)
- A neighbor in North Mountain Village is bidding a free, new, 2 m high Christmas tree for everyone who needs a tree to make their vacation more beautiful. (Next door)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
Do you love the Phoenix Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
That’s it for today! Up soon.
– Caitlin Sievers
About me: I am a passionate writer and photographer who worked as a reporter and editor for various publications in the Midwest before landing in Phoenix. I have seven roommates. Four of them are cats. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas for stories and feedback.